The TM Essentials Wide Necked Thermos can store your food and make sure that stay hot or cold for a long period of time. The perfect accessory for culturing and storing yoghurt.
This 8cm wide neck thermos is made from high quality stainless steel to make it tough and durable. If you are going on a camping trip with your friends and family, this is a container that you should bring during your outdoor adventures. With its thermos vacuum insulation, it prevents temperature change by creating an airless vacuum space between the two stainless walls.
You can use this as a leak-proof storage for your tea, coffee, cold drinks, noodles, soup, and salads.
- Virtually eliminates temperature change
- Tough and durable
- Made from high quality stainless steel
- Keeps food cold for up to 9 hours
- Keeps food hot for up to 7 hours
- With 600ml capacity
- Great for travelling
- Leak-proof storage for tea, coffee, cold drinks, noodles, soup and salads
- Ideal for making yoghurt
Tips and Tricks for success for making Yoghurt:
- Preheat the Thermos with very warm (not hot) water.
- Do not disturb the milk while the yoghurt is setting; even small movements can cause whey separation, which will change your results. Allow to set for 4-6 hours before refrigerating.
- Don’t overheat the milk; don’t allow it to cool completely, either; either will cause the retardation of the bacteria, and the yogurt will not ferment properly.
- Do not use old starter; it may not do its job well.
- On the other hand, a culture that is too “new” (fresh) will not do its job well, either – so if you make your own starters, allow it to age a bit before using (at least 24 hours).
- When you make a fresh batch, save some for your next starter; starter should be used within five (5) days.
- Yoghurt will keep well for about 8 days under refrigeration and can be stored in the Thermos. It can also be frozen for several months – who doesn’t love frozen yogurt?