It’s that time of the year we get to say thank you to all the Mum’s out there. And for the Thermomix® Mum, we have everything that she could want, need and desire. Or if you are stuck for ideas, we offer gift vouchers with no expiry.
Your mum will surely be happy to receive anything from a silicone baking mat to a stainless steel steaming dish. We have a wide range recipe books too. If you think kitchen gadgets and recipe books are not enough, why not give her some pampering?
Treat your mom with a cheesy dish! Take over the kitchen and give her a break from cooking with some fresh, creamy feta cheese on crusty bread. Easy enough for all. Now is the time for her to sit back, relax and enjoy some good food and special treatment.
Make your mum proud and let her taste your own version of TM Essential’s Creamy Feta Cheese. You need a day or two to prepare this. But it will be worth your time and effort because your mother will surely love this!
1800 grams milk
100 grams cream
80 grams active yoghurt (with live culture)
1 Junket (rennet) tablet
- Warm the milk, cream and yoghurt at 37°C, Speed 2 for 15 minutes.
- Pour into an insulated 2 litre bowl (such as Thermoserver or Thermos).
- Leave to rest for one hour.
- Dissolve the junket tablets in a 1/4 cup of cold water and stir into the milk.
- Leave in a warm place overnight.
- In the morning, pour the mixture into a cheesecloth and let stand for 2 hours.
- When most of the whey has drained, pick up the four corners of the cloth and place it in the Thermomix basket and let drain under pressure - we used a bowl with water to weigh it down.
- After 4 hours, add salt and cumin to the cheese to taste.
- Store in the fridge in either brine or oil.
Isn’t it exciting that your gifts for Mum this Mother’s Day are oh-so-special? A beautifully wrapped kitchen set from TM Essentials is sure to surprise! And more than anything, a mouthwatering cheese dish made out of love—just for her!