It's time to give the broccolini some love and nothing is better or easier than our steamed broccolini with cashews. Best enjoyed with rice or noodles but it is also good to serve on its own.
Yields: 4 servings
80g unsalted raw cashews
1 teaspoon brown sugar
30g light soy sauce
10g rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
50g Chinese cooking wine
- Weigh cashews in small bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar to TM Bowl.
- Melt for 2 min/80°C/Speed 3.
- Add cashews and pepper and cook for 2 min/100°C/Reverse Speed Soft/MC Off.
- Set aside in ThermoJug or a small bowl.
- Add 1 litre of water to TM Bowl. Place lid and Varoma in place.
- Place broccolini and thinly sliced garlic in Steaming Dish.
- Pour Chinese cooking wine over broccolini.
- Position Steaming Dish in top Varoma tray. Place Varoma lid in place.
- Steam broccoli for 15min/Varoma temp/Speed 2.
- Pour reserved sauce over broccolini and serve immediately.