Ditch the take away and try our Pork with Black Beans. Never thought you could make a Chinese dish that is as good as takeaway – this is it! While the pork is cooking, the rice and broccolini is steamed. Less cleaning up, quick and easy. Salted black beans are available from Asian supermarkets.
4 cloves of garlic
15g fresh ginger
50g salted black beans
40g oyster sauce
60g light soy sauce
500g pork belly or pork loin thinly sliced
4 spring onions, finely sliced
1 bunch broccolini
- Place the ginger and garlic in the TM Bowl and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 8.
- Add the salted black beans and chop 1 second,/Turbo speed.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix for 5 seconds/Speed 2.
- Place the pork on the Varoma Steaming Dish in the Varoma.
- Add the black bean sauce mix and mix well.
- Top with the spring onions, reserving some for serving.
- Without rinsing, add 1000g water to the TM Bowl.
- Pour rice in TM Basket and place in TM Bowl.
- Place TM lid and Varoma in place.
- Steam for 21 minutes/Varoma temp/Speed 2.
- Place the broccolini in the base of the Varoma.
- Steam for 4 minutes/Varoma temp/Speed 2.
- Garnish with reserved spring onions.
- Serves 4.
Music: acousticbreeze – Bensound.com