Lovers of Nutella unite, a simple and tasty scroll, great for kids lunches or picnics. This recipe is a decadent update of the classic cinnamon bun, adding chocolate-hazelnut Nutella for a gooey finish. If you’d like to serve these for brekkie, but don’t want to be up baking at 6am, just let them prove slowly in the fridge overnight and simply bake the next day.
2 tsp instant dried yeast
1 tsp salt
600g baker’s flour
- Place hazelnuts in TM Bowl and roast for 15 minutes/Varoma temp/Speed 2.
- Chop for 2 seconds/Turbo Speed.
- Set aside.
- Heat milk and butter for 3 minutes/50°C/Speed 2.
- Add remaining dough ingredients and mix for 15 seconds/Speed 3.
- Knead for 8 minutes/Dough function.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured TM Essentials Non-Stick Silicone Mat. Wrap dough lightly to protect it from drying out and giving it room to rise.
- Rest the dough in a warm place or oven set to 30°C (defrost setting) for 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide in half.
- Roll one half to a 40 x 40cm square.
- Spread 120g Nutella on dough.
- Roll the dough and cut into 12 strips.
- Place in a large slice tin lined with a small silicone mat or baking paper.
- Repeat with other half of the dough.
- Cover and rest in a warm place or oven set to 30°C (defrost setting) for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and top each mini scroll with a teaspoon of Nutella.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
Music: energy – Bensound.com