I love fresh sausage rolls for lunch or dinner. The kids will probably want to dip them in tomato sauce, but my preference is sweet chilli sauce.
200g chicken breast (roughly chopped)
1 clove garlic
3 spring onions
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
1 piece fresh ginger (approximately 3cm square)
1 teaspoon fish sauce
3 sheets frozen puff pastry
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- If you are using the frozen puff pastry get three sheets out of the freezer set aside.
- Separate egg yolk and white and keep yolk aside in a small dish.
- Mix garlic, spring onions, coriander, and ginger for 3 sec/Speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl and set aside.
- Put chicken and ham into TM bowl and mince for 30 sec/Speed 4.
- Add rest of ingredients to TM bowl – fish sauce, egg and the ingredients that were set aside. Mix for 30 sec/Speed 4.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half with a sharp knife. Place some of the mixture on one side and brush the edge with water.
- Fold over and make into a sausage shape and press the edge down to seal.
- Repeat with the other pieces of pastry until mixture is gone.
- With a sharp knife cut into small sausage rolls on the diagonal discard end pieces.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 mins at 180°C until golden.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.