Beautiful little individual steamed Christmas Puddings to delight your Christmas guests. These are moist and fruity and delicious served with cream, ice cream or custard. Can you stop at one?
Makes 14 individual puddings in two Envy Varoma Molds.
120 grams currants
120 grams sultanas
130 grams prunes, pitted
140 grams Pedro Ximenez sherry
80 grams bread
1 medium Granny Smith apple, quartered
100 grams copha
70 grams plain flour
100 grams dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Â¼ teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
35 grams honey
- Chop the prunes on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
- Add the currants, sultanas and sherry and mix at Reverse Speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- Set aside in a glass bowl, cover with cling wrap and leave to steep overnight or for up to 1 week.
To prepare the puddings
- Grease the Envy mold cavities with Copha.
- Chop the bread at speed 8 for 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the quartered apple and copha and chop at Speed 5 for 8 seconds.
- Add the bread crumbs, flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, lemon zest, eggs and honey and mix at Speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the steeped fruit and mix on Reverse Speed 4 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds Reverse Speed 4.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the Envy molds pressing firmly.
- Place into Varoma dish and onto Varoma tray. Place around one litre of water into TM bowl, place Varoma into position and steam for 90 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 2.
- To serve, remove puddings from molds and serve with cream, custard, ice cream or brandy sauce.
TM Essentials Envy Varoma molds are available here.