I love coconut yoghurt with it’s dairy-free creaminess and slight tang. In addition to being dairy free, coconut yogurt also supplies several key vitamins and minerals and this recipe has live and active cultures just like milk-based yoghurts.
This is literally an add and forget recipe if you have a TM5 and uses just 5 ingredients. Just use the automated yoghurt recipe but swap for our ingredients and let your TM5 do the rest of the work. Thick creamy delicious coconut yoghurt for a fraction of the store bought equivalent in just 8 hours.
This recipe contains rice malt syrup – it’s important you don’t leave this out as the live cultures feed on this. Be sure you don’t use honey as a sweetener while it is culturing. And our other top tip for success is to make sure your TM Bowl and any utensils you use are super clean.
For your first batch, you will need to purchase either coconut yoghurt with a live culture or a non-dairy culture starter from a health food store. I used the Green Living non-dairy culture starter and it was perfect! For subsequent batches, save some coconut yoghurt from your most recent batch or continue to use the non-dairy culture starter.
2 x 400g cans coconut cream
50g rice malt syrup
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthum or guar gum
Pinch (drop if using our mini-measuring spoons) non-dairy yoghurt culture or 100g coconut yoghurt with live culture
- Add all ingredients to super clean TM Bowl.
- Select the Plain Yoghurt recipe in the Automated Menu. Skip through the prompts until the screen says 'Turn speed selector to start'.
- Select Start.
- This process will take roughly 8 hours & you will be greeted by a chime when it is ready.
- Refrigerate when finished. It will thicken to the consistency of thick custard once refrigerated.
- Makes 800-900g coconut yoghurt.
Music: endless motion - Bensound.com