This easy, 5 ingredient recipe will make around 1kg of pesto – perfect to use with your thriving basil plants. Use the pesto as a dip, mix with pasta, in filo pastry or fried with some chicken. Basil pesto is so versatile and easy with your Thermomix®. Once you have made fresh pesto, you will never buy pesto from the shops again.
200 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
30 g garlic cloves
400 g unsalted roasted cashews
75 g basil leaves (stalks removed) - around 4 large stalks
300 g extra virgin olive oil
- Chop Parmesan and garlic for 10 seconds/Speed 8.
- Add the cashews and basil and mill for 1 – 2 min/Speed 6 until smooth using the TM Spatula to mix.
- Add the olive oil and mix for 30 seconds/Speed 6.
- Store in clean jars or TM Essentials Reusable Pouches in the fridge or freezer.
- Perfect with pasta, as a dip, on pizza, with salad dressings or in soup.
Get your Reusable Pouches here.