I remember when my kids were little, that Tiny Teddys were a must on my shopping list – the tiny little packets were just the right size to add to lunchboxes when they were going to preschool. Now you can make our cute Honey Lil’ Teddys with our new Stainless Steel Lil’ Teddy Cookie Cutters and your Thermomix®. In only 10 minutes and 5 ingredients and with some help from your little ones, you can have 96 Lil’ Teddys ready to share.
This recipe is for the original flavoured Honey Lil’ Teddys and can be made with ingredients you will likely already have in your pantry. Check out our recipe for our Chocolate Lil’ Teddys for the Thermomix® here, and make your second batch of Lil’ Teddys while your Honey Lil’ Teddys are cooking.
Get your Set of 2 TM Essentials Stainless Steel Lil’ Teddy Cookie Cutters here – one cutter for you, and one for your most excited kitchen helper.
190g self-raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Melt honey, sugar and butter for 5 min/100°C/Sp 2
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 30 sec/Sp 3
- Place dough on a TM Essentials Large non-stick Silicone Baking Mat. The mixture will be a little crumbly when removed from the TM Bowl, but that's OK.
- Shape into a ball
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough to 2-3 mm thick - it will be the size of the largest circle on our mat
- Line an oven tray with a TM Essenitals Oven Sized Silicone Baking mat or baking paper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Using the TM Essentials Lil' Teddy Cutter, cut shapes from dough
- Place each Lil' Teddy on the oven tray
- When first shapes have been cut, reshape left over dough into a ball and reroll
- If the dough becomes cold and hard to work, place the dough in a bowl and reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave
- Cook Lil' Teddys for 5-8 minutes at 180°C until lightly golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool further
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks
- Makes 96 Lil' Teddys