Making fresh cheese in your Thermomix® is easy and the taste is hard to beat. You just need a little time to let your feta cheese to mature. Using only 5 ingredients, it's time to get making some fresh feta cheese.
1800 grams milk
100 grams cream
80 grams active yoghurt (with live culture)
1 Junket (rennet) tablet
- Warm the milk, cream and yoghurt at for 15 minutes/37°C/Speed 2.
- Pour into a large TM Essentials ThermoBowl.
- Leave to rest for one hour.
- Dissolve the junket tablets in a ¼ cup of cold water and stir into the milk.
- Leave in a warm place overnight.
- In the morning, pour the mixture through a Cotton Cheesecloth and let stand for 2 hours.
- When most of the whey has drained, pick up the four corners of the cloth and place it in the Thermomix® basket and let drain under pressure - we used a bowl with water to weigh it down.
- After 4 hours, add salt and cumin to the cheese to taste.
- Store in the fridge in either brine or oil.
TM Essentials Cheesecloths are available here.