A delicious creamy custard with caramel sauce, these cute little Crème Caramels are steamed in your Varoma® using our Stainless Steel Dariole Molds and only 5 ingredients. The perfect dessert for dinner guests or a mid week dinner.
Make these the day before - if you turn the Crème Caramel out too soon, the caramel stays in the bottom of the ramekins. But do turn them out just before serving or the caramel will lose its colour.
The caramel needs to be made on the stovetop as the Thermomix® doesn’t reach a high enough heat to make caramel.
60g brown sugar
4 egg yolks
- Weigh 50g water and sugar into a small saucepan and set aside.
- Remove remove the whitechord that connects the egg yolk to the shell (the chalazae).
- Place all custard ingredients into TM Bowl and cook for 8 min/80°C/Speed 2.
- While the custard is cooking, make the caramel sauce on the stovetop.
- Stir water and sugar over medium-high heat to dissolve sugar, then cook without stirring until very dark caramel (10-12 minutes; it should almost be to the point of burning).
- Divide among each of the 6 Dariole Molds and swirl each quickly to coat to the edges (use a teatowel or oven mitt to hold the Dariole Molds).
- Place Dariole Molds in the Varoma®.
- Pour the custard into the Dariole Molds.
- Without cleaning the Bowl, add 1 litre of water.
- Position the Varoma® in place with the lid on.
- Steam Crème Caramels for 40 min/Varoma temp/Speed 2.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, loosen the sides of the custard by running a knife around the edges of the Dariole Mold.
- Place a serving dish on top of the ramekin and turn upside down.
- Serve with pouring cream.