We have a beautiful cumquat tree in our front garden that I normally watch fruit and do nothing with. Not this year – we made this delicious 3 ingredient cumquat marmalade - a great tangy jam and ready in under 30 minutes. I just need some thick slices of warm bread to spread it on.
500g unpeeled cumquats, halved
20cm square piece Cotton Cheesecloth
- Sterilize jars to hold around 700 ml marmalade.
- Place a sieve over the TM Bowl and squeeze the cumquat halves to remove and capture the seeds.
- Create a bouquet garni with the seeds in the Cotton Cheesecloth.
- Place cumquat halves in the TM Bowl. Using turbo pulse chop 2-3 times depending on how chunky you like your marmalade.
- Add the sugar and bouquet garni. Cook for 15 minutes/100°C/Reverse Speed 1.
- Add the water and cook for 8 minutes/Varoma temp/Reverse Speed 1. Ensure the MC is on an angle. Check that the marmalade has begun to set by dropping some marmalade onto a cold plate to see if it sets in under a minute.
- Discard the bouquet garni and allow to rest in the TM bowl for 15 minutes before pouring into the sterilised jars.
TM Essentials Cheeseclothes are available here.